Healthy Start offers many educational opportunities in the form of scheduled classes. These Healthy Start classes are open to community members from all counties. Additional educational offerings are frequently available. Schedules are subject to revision. Please call 800-982-3728 for more information.
Available Education Offerings
- Prenatal Education
- Nurturing Parenting Program - 1-4 session programs
- Breastfeeding Support and education
- Anger Management and Maintaining your Health
- Women’s Health Issues
- Father’s are Parents Too
- Power Parenting - Informative fun classes for parents of children NB-toddler-age
- Play group - Interactive class for caregivers and children ages 2 and under. Looks at play as a teaching tool.
- Safe Families - CPR basics and home safety.
- CPR - American Heart Association Courses: Friends and Family (no card), $0.; HeartSaver Courses,(card earned), $25.; Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, (card earned), $15. All instructor led courses include instruction on CPR, successful student demonstration of skills. BLS participants must successfully pass AHA test. Call to schedule a group class or find out when a class is scheduled. 1-800-982-3728